The Skin Nerd Experience
Joining The Nerd Network
Find Out More
The Skin Nerd Philosophy
”The skin is an organ,
respect it accordingly!
The skin is an organ – respect it accordingly…That is our philosophy here at The Skin Nerd. Our online consultation process allows us to evaluate your skin, past, present and future, to come up with a tailor-made and accessible plan of action for you. We operate on a 360˚ approach, meaning that the products we recommend will assist your skin from the inside (nutritional supplements), on the outside (cosmeceutical and cosmetic skincare) and on top (mineral makeup).
We are non-biased, in that our product selection comes from over 20 specially-selected brands that we have trained in and know like the back of our soft, supple hands. Our exclusive, online department store stocks brands, both cosmeceutical and cosmetic, that are rarely seen together so that you can be prescribed what is truly best for your skin.
The Nerd Network
The Nerd Network is our client-only community. As a member of the Nerd Network, you gain access to our exclusive Nerd Network Facebook group and our bi-monthly skinformative Nerd Network Newsletter. You will also receive invites to events hosted just for you as well as deals, offers and nerdie news before anything else.
Unfortunately, there are some reasons why we may not be able to provide you with a consult.
- If you are under the care of an oncologist, we will need you to provide us with a letter of permission from your oncologist prior to booking in for a consultation. Please ask them to list any ingredients that you should not be using.
- We cannot treat perioral dermatitis but we can help with general skin health in those who have been diagnosed with it.
- We cannot treat seborrheic dermatitis but we can help with general skin health in those who have been diagnosed with it.
- We cannot treat those under the age of 12 under any circumstances.
- We cannot treat those under the age of 18 without a parent or guardian being present throughout the entire process.
- We cannot treat unknown plaques or rashes. Please visit your GP in this circumstance.
- If you have a medical skin condition (for example, moderate to severe acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema), we can advise you alongside the advice of your GP.
Please note: our Nerdettes can carry out consultations on pregnant hoomans and those who are breastfeeding. If you fall pregnant or start planning after your initial consultation, we can alter your regime to be pregnancy safe!
Our consultations are aesthetic as opposed to medical. If you have a medical condition, please discuss with your GP or dermatologist before booking in.
Our appointment fee is non-refundable for those who have booked aware that they cannot be seen to.
Our Waiting List
If you cannot find an appointment slot that suits you, you can always sign up to our consult waiting list. Please note that any consultations available on our calendar are our earliest available consultations!