Careers At The Skin Nerd®
The Marketing Manager is responsible for all Marketing and Communications activity for all The Skin Nerd® businesses. The role’s primary function is to ensure the effective development of the organisation’s Marketing and Communication strategies both domestically and internationally. The successful candidate will be expected to be ‘hands-on’ and work closely with the management team, creative team and co-ordinators to ensure the effectiveness of their role.
What we expect from you:
We look for our team’s wholehearted support in our quest for quality. We ask that you devote time, attention and abilities to your work and we appreciate any additional time you might spend in fulfilment of your role.
We will expect you to be positive, innovative, adaptable, and flexible in your role and commit to undertaking work which may be outside of your normal duties, and/or to working outside of your normal working hours.
To achieve this, employees will support each other and the company to achieve consistent high quality, and work targets, thus enabling the company to continue to obtain the commercial performance and client loyalty necessary for the continuing existence and growth of the company and its workforce.
The successful candidate will be able to carry out the following responsibilities effectively. Responsibilities may be added or altered as business needs dictate.
- Assisting with the development of the organisation’s strategic marketing & communication plans and goals.
- Development and implementation of marketing strategies for all product lines and on and off-line content.
- The management of all marketing related activity from idea generation to implementation.
- Day to day leadership and management of the company’s creative department.
- Management of Marketing budgets.
- Planning of all social media strategy and ensuring effective Social Media planning – including Facebook (3), Instagram (2) and Twitter.
- Planning of all digital marketing for all company websites and blogs – to include the Cleanse Off Mitt and The Skin Nerd websites.
- Management of all promotion and marketing on the company’s Shopify platforms.
- Assisting in the planning of all SEO.
- Development of brand identity and identification of key areas for improvements in brand activity.
- Ensuring an offline insight to our ‘bricks and mortar’ stockists.
- Development of market penetration strategies and activity.
- Management of the provision of all written and visual content, both online and offline.
- Provision of measurement, evaluation and reporting of commercial activity.
- Working with Sales Director in researching trends, developing strategies etc.
- Working in conjunction with Sales Director to plan and execute campaigns that drive a strong return on investment.
- Working in conjunction with buyer to plan and execute campaigns that are trend-led and strategically relevant.
- Assisting with the learning and development of all employees to ensure consistency.
- Assisting in the decision-making when planning trade shows, pop-up shows and sales campaigns (including on-line).
- Planning of events alongside the project coordinator.
- Liaising with our PR team and representing the organisation in all PR activities.
- 4/ 5 years + experience in a similar role in the Lifestyle Sector.
- Proven ability in achieving results in a fast-paced, challenging, growing organisation.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- A deep understanding of consumers and what motivates them online.
- Great research, organisational, and learning skills.
- Excellent IT skills with high level of comprehension of applicable software.
- Possess a ‘hands-on’ approach to work and a proactive ‘can do’ attitude.
- An ability to delegate and prioritise workload.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices e.g. Google ads.
- Familiarity with PPC and SEM marketing.
- Social Media savvy and up-to-date knowledge of key influencers.
- Expert in online marketing and lead generation.
- Excellent time management skills and self-motivated attitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- A knowledge of or interest in skincare is a bonus.
- A team player, with great people skills.
Visual Content Creator
Are you a whizz when it comes to graphic design? Do you love making short-form and long-form video content?
Well, we are now recruiting a Visual Content Creator who is responsible for the creation of imagery and video for The Skin Nerd Ltd. The role’s primary function is to ensure there is consistent visual branding in place on B2B and B2C platforms with the prime intention of supporting the business.
To perform this role successfully, the holder must be able to carry out each of the following responsibilities effectively. Responsibilities may be added or altered as business needs dictate.
- Planning social media content alongside content department for The Skin Nerd companies on all social channels and websites
- Creating graphics for digital channels
- Planning, assisting and carrying out filming of external and internal videography
- Photographing products and staff members
- Planning, directing and recording Facebook Lives
- Designing and preparing documents for print
- Designing in-house and outward documents such as info packs, welcome packs, event packs and memes
- Project work as it arises
- Assisting with office administration
- Attending sales and other company events
Competencies required for the role:
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- High level of experience in using the Adobe Suite or equivalent software, specifically Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Illustrator
- Excellent IT skills with high level of comprehension of applicable software
- Social media savvy
- A deep understanding of consumers and what motivates them online
- Great research, organisational, and learning skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Possess a creative flair for design
- Ability to multi-task and work to strict deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player, with great people skills